Learning about canine communication and teaching others how we can better understand our dogs and improve our relationship is what my writing and teaching career is based on.
As co-author of “Adopting a Dog? Start off right with … A Sound Beginning”, my life is dedicated to working with the rescue community on how to smoothly integrate a newly adopted dog into an already established family. By helping people avoid the common mistakes that are easily preventable, we can increase the chances of a successful adoption. This is my passion.
Working closely as behavioral advisor and trainer with various shelters and rescue groups, my goal is to facilitate gentle rehabilitation and successful placements so that more dogs can stay in their forever homes. I am a force-free trainer that believes that all animals deserve to be treated with compassion and respect.
- Director of Training: Hightails Hideaway Dog Day Care & Training, West Chicago, Il.
- Member APDT: Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Member PPG: Pet Professional Guild of Force-Free Trainers
- Member DWAA: Dog Writers Association of America
- Judge for All Levels of World Cynosport Rally (aka APDT Rally)
- Judge for UKC Rally Obedience
- Judge and advocate for C-WAGS Rally Obedience