Liz Mishima KPA-CTPProgram Manager
Many people remember their first “puppy” love but my first love really was a neighbor’s miniature poodle named Gigi. I was 10 years old and every day I looked forward to walking that dog! I became involved in training when I began enjoying the fun of canine sports with my own dogs. I then became an active volunteer in one of the local Therapy Dog programs. All of these activities sparked my interest in understanding how dogs learn.
I have been volunteering for over 8 years with a local dog rescue organization as behavioral advisor and continue to teach various dog training classes in the area that promote positive methods of modifying behavior. Being actively involved with a dog’s rescue and seeing how their future can be secured when the adoptive families have a sound approach is what influenced my decision to take early retirement from a successful corporate job to focus on my passion; helping dogs and people develop the best relationship possible.
When we focus on both ends of the leash, we ensure the experience is positive and rewarding. My belief is that by following the book, A Sound Beginning, and by having access to our training program, The Path to Success, we can help both the adopter and the adopted dog develop a s
- Certified Training Partner thru the Karen Pryor Academy of Animal Training and Behavior.
- Member APDT: Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Lead trainer at Wiggles-n-Wags Dog Training, Inc., Lombard, Il.
- Lead trainer at Hightails Hideaway Dog Day Care & Training, West Chicago, Il.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen trainer and evaluator