Natasha Mathew uses her knowledge of behavior modification using positive, force free methods to help families that are experiencing behavior challenges with their companion animals. She enjoys guiding families with new puppies, or newly adopted dogs, to work on building foundation skills to help set them up to succeed in their new home. She strives to explain the reasoning behind the behavior challenges, along with providing management and behavior modification techniques to help reduce the stress of dealing with the undesirable behaviors. Her goal is to get families to a point where they can enjoy living with their dogs again. The welfare of the human and animal learners is her top priority. Natasha works hard to set realistic expectations regarding what is achievable and how easy or hard the change process will be.
- Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP)
- Fear Free Certified Trainer
- Certified Puppy Start Right Instructor
- Aggression in Dogs Master Course
- Licensed Family Dog Mediator
Natasha is dedicated to completing at least one new course a year. She also attends annual conferences and seminars on varied topics to stay up to date on the latest methodology and to continue learning from her peers.
Challenges Natasha can help with:
- Preparing for a new puppy/ Pre-adoption counseling
- New dog/ puppy consultation
- Puppy manners/ challenges
- Foundation skills for dogs of all ages
- Fearful and anxious dogs
- Specific challenges such as leash pulling, reactivity to other dogs/ people/ things
- Separation distress