Steve Frost KPA CTP, CPBT-KA, SBA
Shelter Program Manager / In-Home Behavioral Trainer
Steve is a professional trainer and educator, teaching others how to apply force-free training techniques to effectively modify behavior. He is responsible for developing and implementing a positive, reinforcement-based behavior department at Anderson Animal Shelter.
- Certified KPA CTP (Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner)
- Shelter Behavior Affiliate (SBA) status from the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
- Certified Professional Bird Trainer, Knowledge Assessed CPBT-KA
- Member International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators
- Member Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Behavioral Trainer and Educator (A Sound Beginning Program)
Firmly believing in continued education, he has traveled across the country working with a variety of species ranging from whales to pinnipeds, raptors, deer, and many others.
He has worked with over 10,000 cases regarding behavior, assessing an animal’s behavioral issues, while both training and creating a plan to stay with that animal to be implemented by shelter staff and foster groups.
Steve has taught low-stress handling and behavior modification to veterinary technician students at the college level as well as private veterinary practices and shelters.
His work with families in a 1-1 home setting is the key to preventing problems from getting worse while giving valuable coaching and training support to keep them together safe and sound.